The Downtown Langley Business Association was formed in 1994 to give representation to all the businesses in Langley. In the year 2000, Langley City, by way of a by-law, created the Business Improvement Area (BIA), which is under the direction of the Downtown Langley Business Association. Our BIA encompasses all property and business owners located within 200th Street and 208th Street (west to east) and between Duncan Way and Douglas Crescent (north to south). All businesses that are located within our boundaries are automatic members.
To build relationships and to lead a cooperative effort in maintaining and enhancing Langley City, and to work together to create a safe, vibrant and unique environment for the benefit of everyone.
2018-2020 Strategic Plan Summary
The Downtown Langley Business Association has identified many opportunities for the City business district and believes that with the commitment and efforts of businesses and property owners, the association can:
- increase sales and profits for participating businesses
- improve property value
- increase area awareness
- attract and retain unique and desirable businesses
- provide a safe and pleasant environment for customers, businesses, residents and visitors
- allow merchants to be more competitive with both in and out-of-town competitors
- improve accessibility and inclusiveness
- increase environmental awareness amongst downtown businesses
- work with Langley City to support downtown revitalization and redevelopment